If you frequent Sanibel Island during high season, you have most likely experienced congested traffic on Periwinkle Way. Here are some tips to avoid traffic and get you to the beach quicker!
1) Avoid traveling west (toward Captiva) from 9:00AM-12:00PM and avoid traveling east (off-island) from 2:00PM-5:00PM
2) When driving during these peak times, utilize the gulf roads (East Gulf, Middle Gulf, West Gulf, to Rabbit Road)
3) Pay it forward by letting people out in front of you - and smile as you wave them on
4) Ride your bike - get some exercise and get there faster
5) Be Patient - you're on island time!